Senior Network Engineer
- Day rate or FTC
- 12 months
Amazing opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer to join a fast-paced, enterprise environment on a contract basis.
They are undergoing a large digital transformation so it’s a great time to get onboard!
They offer an agile working policy, so 50% of your time will be working from home and 50% off your time within the office.
What you’ll be doing:
- The support, operation, and control of all equipment within the IT network infrastructure including monitoring and troubleshooting LAN, WAN, Wireless and VoIP systems.
- Using network management tools to collect and report on network load and performance Implementing agreed network configuration, installation and maintenance routines.
- Managing the network to provide agreed levels of service and data.
- Investigation and diagnosis of complex, cross team IT problems, working with users, other staff and suppliers as appropriate.
- Closely working with the IT Security team to main the integrity of the network and data held within.
- Supporting Major Incident processes including Root Cause Analysis and remediation actions delivery.
- Producing network design policies, philosophies and criteria covering connectivity, capacity, interfacing, security, resilience, recovery, access and remote access.
- Working with the team to produce proposals and pipelines for continuous improvement of the network infrastructure
What you can bring:
- Third party/vendor management experience with an ability to build successful relationships.
- Flexible working ethos to meet the demands of the job.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills – direct customer service experience is an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco ASA, Nexus, Wireless LAN Controllers, ADSL routers, etc.
- Proven experience and success with LAN, SD-WAN, WLAN, and VoIP design and implementation in predominantly Cisco enterprise environment.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to communicate with customers, without becoming overly technical.
- Understanding of the systems and high-level architecture which underpin corporate IT systems and the techniques deployed to compromise these assets.