Senior Cloud Engineer
A global marketing and advertising company have a brand-new opening for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, due to investment and innovation in their technology team.
This is an exciting opportunity for IT, as the UK Infrastructure team look to implement new systems and solutions, to ensure the continuation of services, both on-premise and in the cloud.
What’s on offer:
- £90,000 base salary.
- Bonus based on personal and company performance.
- 25 days holiday + birthday off + extra days at Christmas.
- Quarterly wellbeing days.
- Hybrid working (2 days in the office).
- State of the art offices.
- Subsidised canteen including free breakfast!
What you’ll be doing:
- Reporting to the CTO, the Infrastructure Manager will lead the implementation and support of the UK setup at multiple office locations and cloud services.
- Requiring solid all round infrastructure experience, you will be covering a variety of solutions across multiple tech stacks.
- Developing a solid understanding of the offerings available to the different business units, together with identifying which capabilities meet the global and UK strategy, while understanding any limitations of systems.
- Taking a technical lead on projects which are ongoing.
What you can bring:
- A great understanding of security and best practice in all aspects of information security. Attention to detail and a drive to provide documentation for all installed systems.
- Experience with Iaas/PaaS/Saas (Azure preferred) migration, along with consolidation and modernisation of legacy system to fit the cloud environment.
- Strong networking background. Support and management of multiple sites from firewall to edge switches (Palo Alto, HP and Cisco) with SDWan, IPv6, VPN, BGP and ZT/ZTNA being a benefit.
- On premise HCI/CI experience, with VMware and Azure Stack being the preferred solutions.
- Enterprise Storage solutions across on-prem and cloud.
- Microsoft (Azure) accreditations for support and architecture.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present technology at all levels.
- Ability to be a team player, passing on knowledge verbally at appropriate levels for junior and senior staff members.
- Point of escalation, requiring calm, methodical thought processes to resolve issues as they arise. As with all Information Technology roles, this is a hands-on position and your experience will enable you to contribute at the 3rd and 4th level of support issues.
- Cloud networking knowledge is desirable.
- Any containerisation knowledge, Docker, Kubernetes and AKS is advantageous, as we modernise the VM’s currently in place.
- Intune/Jamf MDM experience at an enterprise level.
- Good working knowledge of service desk and change management processes with authorisation and risk categorisation.
- Experience of developing KPIs, for team performance.
- Report creation via PowerBI.
- Any exposure to the ISO27001 process.
Two stage interview process, taking place early-mid August. Not one to be missed!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.