Senior BI Developer
I am working on an exciting new opportunity with a fast-evolving company with exceptional capabilities. They are embarking on an exciting transformation project and are looking for a skilled Senior BI Developer to join their growing team who will put their stamp on the project.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analyse, manipulate and interpret data within complex data structures with the use of appropriate tools
- Monitor and troubleshoot datasets and reports whilst constantly striving for improvements in insightfulness and data quality
- Work closely with colleagues from other areas of the business to understand challenges that could be supported with appropriate data use
- Gather, understand and document detailed business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques adhering to best practices
- Prepare insightful data outputs for internal and external stakeholders within the enterprise data visualization tool of choice (currently Power BI)
- Prepared to challenge where data could be better utilized and support the Head of Insights in educating the wider business on best practice uses of data
- Present report outputs to stakeholders in an easy to understand way – to both technical and non-technical staff
- Training end users during handover process to prevent queries
- Propose and implement new methods to improve efficiency
What you can bring:
- Experienced across MS SQL Server, Azure (SQL database & Data Factory) and MySql
- Data Integration: Vast experience of ETL workloads
- Use of PowerBI & Azure Data Factory to blend data from on-prem, cloud, raw files and API data sources.
- Using DAX to develop advanced measures & aggregations across large datasets.
- Business Process Modelling: Investigating & mapping out ‘as is’ and ‘to be’, as well as using data to validate and promote conformance to desired process.
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Champion of data usage best practice principles
- Previous experience in a fast paced analytics role is essential
- Strong Excel skills
- High level skills with SQL languages for data manipulation/interpretation
- Excellent Power BI skills – PL-300 certification or equivalent desirable but not essential
- Confident working to tight and conflicted deadlines
What would be advantageous to have:
- Experience of statistical methodologies – such as Python and R
- Azure skills – Azure Fundamentals certification or equivalent
- Power Platform exposure
- Previous experience in clinic management highly desirable but by no means essential
What you can expect:
Hybrid: 3 days per week, Birmingham