We have an exciting opening for a Scrum Master to join a rapidly growing Software company, who have doubled in size over the past 2 years, and have just this year expanded into the US, so it’s represents a great time to get on board!
Based in the Lake District, you’ll be leading a team of 5 developers, ensuring efficient sprint planning, working towards the rollout of the company’s new cloud-based platform.
What you can bring to the role of Scrum Master:
- Commercial awareness and ability to manage priorities.
- Work with commercial stakeholders to prepare, prioritise and deliver solutions that meet both the technical and commercial goals of the business.
- An ability to look at the direction of travel within the team and proactively plan and communicate with the company. For example, working to organise launch planning and customer communication around new features in the product.
- Ability to manage the use of development resources, balancing between maintenance development versus new/improved functionality.
- Help ensure each issue is described in our project management software (JIRA) and manage and groom the backlog.
- Facilitate effective sprint planning meetings to define the scope and goals.
- Remove obstacles and ensure teams have the necessary resources and support to meet sprint objectives.
- Act as a role model, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and adaptability.
- Organise and facilitate sprint review meetings to demonstrate completed work and gather feedback.
- Monitor and analyse team performance to assess productivity, identify bottlenecks, and propose process improvements.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, fostering an environment where teams are encouraged to experiment, learn, and grow.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to identify and address challenges in an agile environment.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge
- Project Management background or experience or a Sprint/Scrum Master in a software development environment.
- Historic software development or IT infrastructure experience
- Prior knowledge of retail businesses