Procurement Specialist – 3 roles
We are currently looking for Procurement Specialists to deliver effective procurement and supply chain solutions across a transportation organization.
This is a 12-18 month day rate contract with an immediate start to join a project in its early go-live stages.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide strategic direction for the procurement and supply chain, that will support the overall business objectives of the organisation and generate sustained growth and profitability.
- Lead on continually evaluating and seeking to improve the procurement, supply chain services to meet the evolving needs of internal and external clients.
- Develop value adding relationships with suppliers and across the operational and support teams.
- Manage supplier invoice query resolution and implement long term resolutions with suppliers and internal functions to reduce the failure level to agreed levels
- Ensure that all purchasing activity is compliant within company rules and delivering value for money for the organisation
- Ensure that inventory levels are constantly monitored and action taken to support Operations teams ability to deliver to service users on time and in full.
- Ensure appropriate Contracts, KPIs and SLAs are negotiated and in place with key suppliers.
- Ensure the Procurement team work effectively with key stakeholder teams to provide bid and mobilisation support.
What you can bring:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a public sector procurement role
- Experience of leading teams through transitional change
- Demonstrable ability to undertake complex tasks such as data analysis, executive report writing and strategy creation for suppliers
- Experience of working for a organisation within a procurement and supply chain function delivering category strategies and associated benefits
- Proven development and implementation of a category management approach
- Strong cross-functional experience and proven ability to work collaboratively
- Experience in the transportation industry would be advantageous but more importantly, someone with a passion for positive outcomes for the communities we serve and an understanding of the challenges in this sector.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate to external & internal stakeholders
Interviews will be one stage via MS Teams with a smooth onboarding process.