Location: Birmingham city centre – 2 days remote, 3 days office-based
£50,000 – £65,000
A scaling Systems & Software team with great investment have a brand-new opening for an Infrastructure Engineer with strong skills in DevOps and Networking.
You will be responsible for the management of all release artifacts which will comprise a full system release, including master image files and networking configuration.
This will be a highly complex and varied role with the ability to make a significant impact!
The scope of the role will range from collaborating with the software team to support the roll out of automated installs; patch management within the context of vendor updates to off-the-shelf products; production and management of master image files; and network setup and topography. Production and ownership of documentation covering the above to meet quality standards will also be required.
What you can bring:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- The ability to transform technical requirements into an effective DevOps toolchain to enable product delivery.
- Ensure that deployment strategies for products are repeatable, scalable, and highly available.
- Have deep technical knowledge, providing support to delivery and field teams.
- Availability and capacity management –can manage service components to ensure they meet business needs and performance targets.
- Development process optimisation – can identify process optimisation opportunities with guidance and contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions.
- Information security – can understand information security and can design solutions and services with security controls embedded, specifically engineered with mitigation of security threats as a core feature.
- Network Configuration – can understand network configuration and set up in simple computer networks.
- Service support – can demonstrate a breadth of understanding of service support.
- Systems integration – can define the integration build. You can co-ordinate build activities across systems. You can understand how to undertake and support integration testing activities.
The Company is built on the success of its people and values them as its key asset. They have created a diverse and inclusive culture, which welcomes and creates diversity of thought, action, and innovation where all 1,500 colleagues can truly thrive.
With a strong focus on building a sustainable future for its workforce and local communities, they have high aspirations for continuous improvement and ensuring their people contribute to their future vision.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.