Head of Architecture and Strategy
The Head of Architecture and Strategy is a pivotal appointment in the Change and Improvement team and wider Group IT. Reporting into and working closely with the Director of Change Improvement you will lead strategy development for technology and ensure it aligns with organisation vision, organisation strategies and current and future business processes.
You will contribute to strategic and tactical decisions across the organisation and champion high levels of cyber security to enable the Group to deliver its services.
This is an incredibly exciting time to get onboard and play a pivotal role in a Group wide transformation programme currently in recovery and development phase.
You will also lead on designing solutions for the group’s architecture. They have been building in-house platforms from scratch, as well as working with Dynamics 365 and other 3rd parties which need to be harmonised to get the most out of the internal and external services.
We are looking for exceptional architecture experience, with a background in software development, IT security or similar.
High level engagement:
- Be an active and effective member of the Directorate Team, liaising with other members on all matters relating to the delivery of the directorate’s activities.
- Contribute to the creation and delivery of 5-year corporate plans for the Group, with a specific focus on transformation, change and improvement activities.
- Work with the Directorate Team to enable the effective delivery of operational plans.
- Be accountable and take responsibility for delivery of corporate objectives along with all members of the Directorate team.
- Contribute to corporate success by providing reports, advice and guidance to the Executive Director of People and Performance, Group and subsidiary boards, committees and working groups as required and by keeping them appraised of performance, legislative and regulatory requirements, and policy reviews in your service area.
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan to understand the strategies, operating models and business processes of each Directorate in the Group.
- In collaboration with stakeholders, define a business-focused technology strategy to ensure a unified, coherent approach to delivering a digital future for Group customers and colleagues.
- Align the technology strategy to a clear set of measurable outcomes and benefits that deliver improved customer experience and tangible cost and process efficiencies.
- Align the IT portfolio and vision to this strategy with stakeholders across the organisation, to manage and prioritise demand.
- Develop a supporting plan for sourcing delivery of this and for the retained IT Organisation structure with fellow ICT Heads of / Leadership team.
- Deepen the understanding, state-of-play and opportunities of digitalisation and connectivity (the key enabling technologies) across Group’s geographic footprint and build collaborative partnerships with local authorities and network providers to accelerate the roll-out of high-quality, affordable connectivity across geographies.
- Proactively horizon-scan to ensure innovative and creative strategies are presented in pursuit of driving efficiencies and meeting customer and business needs.
- Use your influence and initiative to demonstrate how technology can deliver transformation.
- Champion connectivity and a fully digitally enabled culture in terms of people, process and systems.
- On behalf of the Group’s Executive team, champion cyber security at a senior level by ensuring that all Directors are aware of their responsibilities, and the risks and threats cyber security can pose to the organisation.
- Work with Directors to identify knowledge gaps in their teams, in relation to cyber security.
- Deliver a programme to increase awareness of cyber security practices so that within an agreed timeframe all employees are aware of their role and responsibilities as defined in cyber security policies.
- Maintain an agreed level of awareness across the Group.
- Provide regular reporting on current state of cyber security awareness to the Director of Change and Improvement and other senior managers as appropriate.
People and Leadership:
- Provide visible leadership on all technology matters, bringing thought leadership, advice and expertise to the senior leadership team and Board.
- Convene a technology leadership team for operations, security, architecture, and change management in such a way that functional ‘Heads of’ are fully empowered to deliver according to strategies and plans. Act as point of escalation for risks and issues.
- Act as a source of inspiration to the business, embedding a culture where technological advances and digitalisation are seen as critical enablers for organisational success.
- Ensure effective people and performance management is in place across the department, forging a highly performing ICT Team that fully understands and meets the changing needs of the business.
- Deputise for the Director of Change and Improvement as required.
What’s on offer:
- £85,000 – £90,000 salary
- £6,000 car allowance
- 28 days holiday PLUS banks
- Very flexible working with a mostly remote working model