Full Stack Developer
Senior Full Stack developer
We have an exciting new opportunity with an award-winning, fast-growing company who are looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Developer with strong Python experience to join their team.
This is a remote position with occasional travel to either the London or Leeds office.
The Senior Full Stack developer will be responsible for the development of a range of, primarily web based tools, providing services to the clients customers and internal tooling focused on business optimization.
In this role you’ll be part of a small cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. The Full Stack developer will require both a flexible and positive attitude and a willingness to learn new skill based on the demands of the business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Participate in the design and creation of scalable software
- Write clean, functional code and unit tests on the front- and back-end
- Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
- Work with development teams and product managers to create software solutions
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop, design and manage databases and applications
- Write Restful APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists to improve software
What you can bring:
- Proven 5+ year experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of back-end architectures and languages in particular Python.
- Understanding of best practices for user experience
- Experience of designing, developing, deploying desktop and mobile applications
- Experience of implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as, Webpack, NPM, Yarn, etc
- Understanding of W3C standards and general design principles
- Experience of working with version control: GIT or similar
- Familiarity with databases, in particular SQL
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- A flexible, can do attitude
- Flexibility to attend the Leeds or London office at least once a month.
What would be advantageous to have:
- Knowledge and experience of Flask or Django would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of Google Cloud Platform would be advantageous.
- Experience of using Figma would be beneficial but not mandatory
- Experience with Docker would be beneficial
What you can expect:
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Home working (flexibility to attend the Leeds or London office at least once a month)?
- Flexible benefit fund
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- iPhone and laptop
- Private medical insurance
- Refer a Friend Scheme – up to £1,000 reward for successful recommendation.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.