Digital Product Owner
An engineering company with huge investment and innovation within their digital services function have a brand new opportunity for a Senior Digital Product Owner to steer the product landscape.
About the team
The Innovation team continually looks ahead to predict future needs. By keeping up to date with industry trends, emerging technology and changes in government policy and social expectations, the company work to deliver improvements for customers that add tangible value.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Contribute to the ‘Vision’ of both internal and external digital products.
- Discover and understand the end customer needs, translating these into business requirements and managing customer expectations to final outcomes.
- Create, develop, and manage overarching product roadmaps, defining success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Manage the delivery of projects and products within the Digital Engineering Services team.
- Understand, research, and follow technical trends in the industry and in general whilst monitoring competitors’ developments through regular capability analysis.
- Assess emerging products to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as making recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Serve as a product specialist.
- Management of change management processes
- Familiarisation with company code bases
- Provide line management support to direct reports, developing them into their role and support with career development in line with the PDP and setting annual personal objectives to monitor performance.
What you can bring to the role:
Requirements for an individual who is a strategic thinker with a technical background to drive technical strategy and company/industry engagement, with the ability to have a hands-on approach when required. With a strong attention to detail and a desire for continual improvement, this role requires engagement with company and industry stakeholders so requires strong interpersonal skills and commercial awareness.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Recognised IT qualification or related degree/higher education
- Understanding of agile project management or agile delivery methodologies
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with cloud services, preferably Azure
- Ability to understand and interpret code.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills.
- Report writing, presentation and record keeping skills.
- Ability to work well within a technical environment, engaging with developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, project management, procurement, and operations.
- Financial and budgeting awareness
- Negotiation skills
- Organisational skills
- Line management experience or an interest in leading a team.
A great place to work
People are the heart of the company. The close-knit team is diverse, supportive, and flexible. They have a collaborative work ethic both within the company and with their customers and suppliers. In recognition of this they have been awarded:
Investors in People Gold accreditation
- 3 Best Company awards in 2021 and recognised as an outstanding company to work for
- Investors in People Engagement award in 2020
- Investors in People ‘We Invest in Wellbeing’ Silver accreditation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great organisation with excellent people and a road map for the future to grow and develop the business. Some of the benefits are listed below:
- Excellent pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Ongoing support with professional and personal development
- Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Enhanced Armed Forces policies.
- Long service awards
- Company Star awards
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- 25 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy and sell up to 5 days’ additional leave.
- Additional days annual leave for long service
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free parking at the Derby offices
- Should you be suitable for the role, the full benefits package will be discussed in more detail during your screening call.
Sound like the ideal role? Be sure to apply ASAP!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com