We have an opening with an innovative and growing engineering company who are looking for a Technical Manager to join the team and take ownership of the digital products.
Our partner is a fantastic organisation to work for and have been recognised for this, having won 3 awards for being an outstanding company to work for in 2021.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus additional days for long service
- Buy and sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Employer pension contribution of 1.5x the employee contribution
- Flexible working
- Health Shield cash plan
- Various discount schemes
- 2 paid volunteering days
- Enhanced Reserve Forces policy
- Enhanced family friendly policies
What you can bring to the role
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle (with past examples of implementing this for product development)
- Cloud services including Azure
- Data analytics and data science
- Understanding of agile project management or agile delivery methodologies
- Awareness of Remote Condition Monitoring products and techniques
- Knowledge of railway industry rolling stock, organisation and players is desirable
- Ability to understand and interpret code
- Good interpersonal and people management skills.
- Report writing, presentation and record keeping skills
- Ability to work well within a technical environment, engaging with developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, project management, procurement, and operations
What you’ll be getting up to
- Manage the ‘Vision’ of both internal and external digital products
- Discover and understand the end customer needs, translating these into business requirements and managing (and matching) customer expectations to final outcomes.
- Create, develop, and manage overarching product roadmaps, defining success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Understand, research, and follow technical trends in the industry and in general whilst monitoring our competitors’ developments through regular capability analysis.
- Assess emerging products to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as making recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Assist in developing business policy and internal processes (i.e., Data Governance, Software Development Lifecycle) and facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Respond to incoming questions on products and capabilities and where required provide /coordinate internal and customer training on its use.
- Develop end to end analytical models for operational/engineering environments, utilising a mix of in-house capabilities and best fit 3rd parties, assessing, and managing any technical risks as part of delivery.
- Understand and analyse data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems to ensure that systems are stable and performing optimally.
- Analyse and query large datasets to analyse performance indicators, evaluate innovations, monitor asset condition
- Serve as a product specialist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
- Use database queries to analyse performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc coordinating beta testing where necessary.
- Management of software and coding change management processes
- Provide line management support to direct reports, developing them into their role and support with career development in line with the PDP and setting annual personal objectives to monitor performance.
Sound ideal? Don’t hesitate to get in touch!