We have an exciting new opportunity with an incredible company who are leaders in their market. Aside from being the best at what they do, our client has been voted “3 Best Company awards” in 2021 and recognised as an outstanding company to work for. They also have a Gold accreditation for “Investors in People” and a silver “We Invest in Wellbeing” accreditation. They really invest in their people!
The role requires 3 days working from their office in Derby and 2 days working remotely.
What you’ll be getting up to
- Developing data models and have strong Python/Scala and SQL skills for manipulating data.
- Performing ETL/ELT, preferably using Azure Data Factory and Databricks jobs
- Data profiling, cataloguing, and mapping
- Becoming a subject matter expert on understanding of the company’s data sources, ingestion methods and quality levels.
- Developing high impact visualisations and presenting the analytics to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Assisting in developing and adhering to associated data governance policies and internal processes.
- Working closely with the data science team to understand the business needs and improve data quality.
What you can bring to the role
- Cloud data engineering experience
- Knowledge of Azure data components such as Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, etc
- Strong Python/Scala and SQL skills for manipulating data
- Experience using BI visualisation tools, such as Power BI
- Experience in designing end-to-end analytics pipelines (batch and streaming) suitable for data science workload consumption
- Experience in root-cause analysis and post-incident reporting in a production environment.
- Understand the business objectives and actively contribute to the Digital team
- Working with big data, ideally in engineering sector (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka)
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus additional days for long service
- Employer pension contribution of 1.5x the employee contribution
- Health Shield cash plan
- Various discount schemes
- Buy and sell up to 5 days annual leave
- 2 paid volunteering days
- Enhanced family friendly policies
Sound ideal? Don’t hesitate to get in touch!