Data Engineer – REMOTE
The Data Engineer will be a highly valuable and recognised member. This is a fantastic opportunity where you will be fully supported to work remotely or onsite if preferred. This role also is a real opportunity to make a real net-difference to how data is produced and consumed to impact the care outcomes of people
This is an opportunity to be in a meaningful role which makes a difference to people’s health outcomes. While working with Microsoft Azure technologies and best practices. As role holder you will report to the Lead Data Engineer and engage with MI teams in a matrix fashion across the business for a growing health care business who is passionate about improving, using, and making the most of its data as a key asset to inform decision making in positively
Job Description Detail – Data Engineer
You will have a strong Azure background and will be well versed in the use of tools such as Azure Data Factory, SQL Pools, TSQL including a few years’ experience in PowerBI and Data modelling
You will importantly work across business units on a multi-disciplined team to review, develop and improve data solutions and BI tools utilised by the business and contribute towards data and analytics strategy and improvement plan and take the lead in designing and enabling data ingestion, pipelines, quality, and integration services within cloud-based deployments (Azure).
You will support enabling the production of power-BI dashboards to provide insight into crucial performance and key indicators across the business.
You will be passionate around automated data pipelines, reporting and data standards. You will take pride and enthusiasm in maintaining and enabling the Azure data lake, environments, and availability of clean, up to date data.
You will be opportunity driven and play a key, central role in collaborating and delivering data and semantic models for data warehouses, data marts and other analytical store.
You will also provide thought, problem, and solution leadership across the business at leadership level and when mentoring the BI team leading on the production of BI and MI dashboards.
You will have relevant experience and or certifications in;
- Azure Data Engineer
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure SQL Pools / Synapse
- TSQL, SQL Languages including Stored procedures and functions
- SQL Server
- Familiar with CI/CD processes using Azure DevOps/GitHub
- Azure Monitoring and Performance improvements
You will hold excellent applied experience such as one or more of
- End to End Pipeline implementation
- Data Wrangling & Transformation
- Reusable Data Modelling & Optimisation
- Security concepts and principles of secure data
You will hold excellent applied experience, such as one or more of
- Putting controls and measure in place to improve data quality.
- Inheriting, reviewing and/or produced data models, schemas, and structures
What you can bring
- Proficient in Azure Data Factory / Synapse
- Proficient in TSQL – the ability to “code” is essential
- Proficient knowledge of database structures
- Experience of Power BI Data Modelling and Power Bi Languages (DAX)
- Data Security Implementation
- Azure Databricks
- Delta Lake Knowledge
- Streaming Data concepts
- Python/PySpark or Scala and the desire to improve these skills
What is on offer:
- Salary: £45,000 – £55,000
- Paid for Azure Certificates
- Remote working
- Flexible working environment
- 26 days holiday