Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
A growing East Midlands Managed Service Provider, with an impressive client portfolio have a brand new opening for a 3rd Line Support Engineer.
You have the chance to make a huge impact, as with growth comes opportunity!
You will work on a number of projects including cloud migrations and implementations as well as work across a varied technical landscape so we are looking for technical all-rounders!
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing escalation support to their 1st and 2nd line team
- Writing policies and procedures for customers (e.g. DR plans and CyberEssentials compliance)
- Proactively searching for issues and vulnerabilities at customer sites to prevent issues before they happen
- Pre-sales project planning, scope and design opportunities
- Management and maintenance of Microsoft Windows Server environments from 2008 to 2019 on-premise and Microsoft Azure environments
- The deployment, migration to and maintenance of Microsoft 365 suite of cloud services, Hyper-V and VMWare infrastructures including clustering, TCP/IP network analytics, network topology design and cyber security (inclusive of the perimeter firewall (primarily WatchGuard), client-based applications and CyberEssentials)
- Evaluation and deployment of new technologies as and when required, engagement with 3rd party support team at a high level to maintain and improve the relationship/processes and developing agent procedures/monitoring in our RMM solution to improve proactiveness and automation.
You will have several years of experience working in a managed service provider environment as a 3rd line engineer, have led and project managed a number of server and network migrations both on-premise and cloud infrastructures. A solid background in Azure/Microsoft 365 is essential.
You will work in a remote/office and client site capacity so a drivers license is essential.
This is a brilliant chance to make your mark in a growing MSP who have just celebrated their biggest year yet!