This role is part of the strategic development for the digital transformation of the business and is essential to the delivery of a full data warehouse and reporting suite across all business divisions.
You will have extremely high level of reporting knowledge around PowerBI, Azure Fabric and ADF, SQL server scripting and just as importantly the ability to quickly understand the business requirements and deliver those through the Azure Fabric environment.
The role requires a good knowledge of PowerBI and an exceptional knowledge of how to deliver data to a PowerBI report. Managing the Insights team to provide BAU report provision to the business as well as project management and delivery of major reporting changes with a focus on innovation for a business going through a complex digital channel shift.
This position needs to become an essential facilitator within the business delivering a wide range of reporting projects including:
- Delivery of reporting platforms for Pabau, Ctalk, Google Analytics and Selima
- Ongoing support and enhancement of a data warehouse solution to provide business insights across all SKN Group Businesses
- Working with the CTO and external support partners to deliver migration of existing reporting platforms to a single data warehouse based platform
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead on the analysis of data, development and maintenance of management information reports – working with key stakeholders to ensure managers have vision of business performance.
- Manage and coach the Insights team to upskill knowledge, develop skills and improve team performance.
- Acting as an escalation point for reporting issues and queries.
- Management of external outsource partners for the delivery of reports and data.
- Work with other departments within the organisation to analyse and understand business processes to deliver change and cost benefits.
- Design and develop solutions to improve revenue growth and integrate diverse business systems.
- Engage the executive team and stakeholders on this plan and any associated investments.
- Work with and continue to build a team as appropriate to deliver the plan and facilitate their efforts by securing the support of wider team members.
- Share in and support the strategy and performance of the wider organisation.
What you can bring:
- Experience of delivering BAU reporting services as well as the delivery of technical projects across multiple business groups and systems.
- Very strong reporting and insights skills across multiple reporting platforms with a major focus on PowerBI
- Strong planning and project delivery skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage a diverse workload in a very faced paced business.
- Ability to analyse complex business processes and report requirements.
- Innovative and creative in nature.
- Ability to be adaptable, think quickly and react calmly in high pressure situations.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, whilst having an understanding of the bigger picture.
- Ability to influence stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills.
- Expert PowerBI and Insight platform knowledge including scripts, DAX and Azure Fabric
- Project management experience gained in IT and software management roles
- Experience of using SQL to analyse and update complex databases.
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders to deliver digital projects.
- Experience of working with multiple reporting platforms
- Experience of working with APIs to integrate diverse business applications.
- · Desirable – Working experience within the health/beauty industry.
- Strong preference to candidates who have worked in mid-size private equity backed company, ideally in a multi-site environment.
- Appetite to own delivery in a hands-on way, strong bias for action.
- Graduate caliber with strong academics
- Ability to work with and advise the wider business on best practice.
- Confident communicator (both verbal and written) with a personable and professional manner and the ability to interact and relate to all levels of employees and build strong working relationships.
- Efficient time management & organisational skills
- Current full driving license
This is a hybrid role, 3 days per week on site in Birmingham.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org