DevSecOps Architect opening with a visionary brand who are transforming the way businesses and individuals interact with the local community,
They are an international company with ambitious, global plans set out for the future. Due to their continued growth they have an opening at their Glasgow (hybrid) office.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with other engineers to define deployment, configuration, and monitoring requirements.
- Work within AWS ecosystems to build hosting and deploy infrastructure.
- Plan, build, configure, and optimise private and public cloud infrastructure for high performance, scalable and reliable consumer web site.
- Identify manual processes that can be automated.
- Maintain and improve the company’s cloud infrastructure.
- Lead root cause analysis and collaborate with Engineering to build instrumentation into our stack to understand real-time performance characteristics.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts with production/non-production systems.
- Lead maintenance of all technical documentation of our AWS infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to understand performance and availability requirements.
What you can bring:
- 5+ years of AWS DevOps experience.
- Native lean to CLI and to code to deploy AWS infrastructure and GUI as a last resort.
- Architect at heart – builds ecosystems, not tactical solutions.
- Understanding of Rest APIs, Big Data Processing, Rules Engines to orchestrate the calls to the Rest APIs and other data sources like Kafka, AWS S3
- Strong implementation background and experience with AWS Services (Preferably: Lambdas, RDS, Redshift, Kubernetes, Kinesis, Glue ETL, route53, Application Load balancers, ECS).
- Knowledge of corporate governance on cloud service usage and security measures.
- Experience in streaming technologies such as Kafka.
- Experience with Automating Testing and deployment pipelines using DevOps tools such as Jenkins, ArgoCD, and Bitbucket.
- Strong data engineering background with the ability to implement AWS Lambda based, or glue based ETL jobs.
- Experienced or familiar with batch jobs orchestration tools Apache Airflow.
- Experience with production support who can be on call and help troubleshoot errors on the applications and fix the issues.
- Strong experience implementing Terraform and infrastructure as code in AWS.
- Strong scripting skills with tools such as Python.
This is a unique opportunity to truly shape the architectural landscape of a mission based company who are revolutionising the world we live in.