Analytics Engineer – Azure
A growing Manchester based company with a global outreach and a strong focus on powerful analytics has 2 openings in their growing data team.
They are flexible on remote/hybrid working and offer a highly dynamic working environment.
They are developing an in-house platform to help analysts with automating processes and unlocking capabilities.
What you will be getting up to
- Design Tabular data models using Star/ Snowflake schema
- Design Azure Databricks notebooks to ingest and display Tabular data.
- Build Power BI dashboards and reports for internal and external customers.
- Assist with ad hoc product data requests from internal customers.
- Conduct complex data analysis and be able to explain complex technical concepts to management, illustrating passion for making data tell a story.
- Work closely with the wider central data team to support the development of new products, that are providing new & commercially focused insights into our payments data.
What you can bring to the role
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level with a minimum 2:1 in Mathematics, Computer Science or another relevant analytical field.
- Knowledge of programming languages; Python. Proven experience of using Python in previous role’s daily tasks/responsibilities. Spark or Scala is highly desirable.
- SQL experience.
- Knowledge and experience of visualization tools, e.g., Power BI, Tableau, Excel etc. Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Health care package including discounted gym membership
- Very generous company pension plan
- Comprehensive, six-month payments industry training plan
- Quarterly company values awards with a financial prize
- Excellent annual bonus based on company & personal performance
- Sociable, open plan office environment with company-wide activities
- Genuine opportunity to progress your career, including performance-related external training